Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ouarzazate, Morocco 2011





I met Norbet Schlafke in Parowan, UT., some years back. Hes from Germany, has a lovely wife and family. As he is retired, his enjoyment is not only traveling, but soaring the world. He owns an ASW 22 ble and in his travels to the USA has also enjoyed soaring in Ely during the season.
We have sharred our flights, dinners and to my surprize he is now in Ouarzazate, Morocco. Hes their with the ASW 22 ble and these are some of the pictures he has sent me. Spectacular to say the least. I believe the one with clouds is of the Sahara convergence zone. He speaks of the mountains, valleys and terrain and of its not easy soaring this area.
Their are hotels, resturants and the airfield you can see on goggle earth. I just thought I would share these with you, as I didn't fly today in Hobbs. Last night a loud "POP" was hear from my forward ac unit. Luck is Lowes RV in Hobbs had a new unit in stock and they got it repaired. Luck also was with me as the high today is near 108 in Hobbs. Its windy, no clouds, but the new ac is doing just fine.
Maybe we fly tomorrow, as another pilot was driving in and has car trouble in Dallas. Trust me, if we see any standing water, anywhere, I will take a pic and happily post it.